- •Problem Solving
- •EMC Statements
- •Lifetime Limited Warranty
- •Wichtige Sicherheitshinweise
- •Networking Terminology
- •How the Switch Can Be Used
- •Connecting 10BASE-T and 100BASE-TX Networks
- •Before You Start
- •Using the Rubber Feet and Stacking Clips
- •Positioning Your OfficeConnect Switch
- •Wall Mounting the OfficeConnect Switch
- •Connecting Workstations and Other Equipment to Your Switch
- •Connecting OfficeConnect Hubs to Your Switch
- •Spot Checks
- •Creating Your Network
- •Dimensions and Operating Conditions
- •Dimensions and Standards
- •L’information de Sécurité Importante
Welcome to the world of networking with 3Com® .
In the modern business environment, communication and sharing information is crucial. Computer networks have proved to be one of the fastest modes of communication but until recently only large businesses could afford the networking advantage. The OfficeConnect® product range from 3Com has changed this, bringing networks to the small office.
As the power of workstations and business applications increases, heavier demands are made on the available network bandwidth that, if unchecked, can lead to performance problems in a
The switch is ideal for use with other OfficeConnect products. It is compact and attractively designed for desktop use. It is part of the OfficeConnect range which neatly stacks together with clips, providing a range of facilities. For information on these products, see the “OfficeConnect Product Range” sheet that accompanies this product.
When referring to the OfficeConnect Switch 280, this guide uses the term ‘switch’.
Small Network with OfficeConnect Switch (Circle Shows Units Clipped Together)
The switch has eight
This guide helps you get the most out of your switch.