- •Product Specifications
- •Rear Panel Components
- •UDM Hub Port (RJ45)
- •Serial Port
- •IR Receiver (IR Rx) Port
- •IR Transmit (IR Tx) Port
- •Connecting an IR Device to the IR Tx Port
- •Audio Connectors
- •Video Connectors
- •VGA Input at Display Device
- •Composite Input at Display Device
- •SVideo Input at Display Device
- •Component Input at Display Device
- •Audio & Video Formats/Resolutions/Distance
- •Video Compensation
- •Connecting an External IR Receiver Module
- •Connecting the UDM-RX01 Receiver to the UDM Hub
- •UDM HUB Port LEDs
- •System Overview
- •Additional Documentation
Quick Start Guide
Installed at the display device, the
With intelligent receiver technology, each
24VDC @ .75A
Rear Panel Connectors:
UDM Hub (RJ45)
Provides audio/video transport as well as control via Cat5,
Cat5e or Cat6 to an UDM Hub.
Serial (RJ12) port:
Enables an administrator to control the various functions
• Requires a
connect to a PC.
• 9600, 8 bit, No Parity, 1 Stop Bit
IR Rx Port:
3.5mm stereo input port, for connection of an IR receiver
to allow setup of the
controls, and remote control of centrally located IR
IR Tx Port:
3.5mm stereo IR Transmitter output port allows one IR-
controlled device (such as a DVD or VCR player) to be
controlled via optional wired IR emitter.
• Black RCA female connector - Digital audio
• White RCA female connector - Analog audio Left
• Red RCA female connector - Analog audio Right
• Yellow RCA female connector - CVBS (supports
• VGA - HD15 female connector (supports VGA video)
• Green RCA female connector - Component output: Y
• Blue RCA female connector - Component output: Pb
• Red RCA female connector - Component output: Pr
• 35°F - 95°F (5°C - 35°C)
• Max. relative humidity - 85%
1" x 8 15/16” x 3 3/8” (25 mm x 227 mm x 85 mm)
1.45 lb. (658 g)
• FCC part 15 Class A
Other AMX Equipment: • RS232 DB9/RJ12 Connection Cable
•IR01 IR Emitter Module
•IR03 External IR Receiver Module
Rear Panel Components
All of the connectors and ports are located on the rear panel (FIG. 2):
Composite (Pr) port Composite (Pb) port Composite (Y) port
VGA (HD15) port
UDM HUB port (RJ45) - from an “OUTPUT” port on the UDM Hub
Serial port (RJ12)
IR Rx port
IR Tx port
SPDIF female Digital Audio port
UDM Hub Port (RJ45)
The Serial port is available for diagnostic and troubleshooting purposes.
The Serial port on the
IR Receiver (IR Rx) Port
The IR Rx port is used to enable user control and the remote compensation of the video link to the UDM, using the
Refer to the Protocols and IR Learningsection of the UDM Hub’s Operation/Reference Guidefor details for information on learning a device’s IR commands.
IR Transmit (IR Tx) Port
The IR Tx port issues IR commands from the
Note: IR devices controlled via the IRTX ports are typically installed within the same equipment rack as the UDM Hub and Receiver.
Connecting an IR Device to the IR Tx Port
1.Connect an IR01 Endeleo IR Emitter Module
Note: Ensure the position of the device corresponds to the position assigned in the Devices option of the UDMHub’s WebConsole.
2.Run the other end of the IR Emitter cable to the device’s IR sensor, and attach the IR Emitter to the device’s sensor by removing the cover on the reverse side of the IR Emitter.
IR commands for each device on the system have to be learned by the UDM hub in order to function properly. Refer to the Protocols and IR Learning section of the UDM Hub’sOperation/Reference Guide for information on learning a device’s IR commands.
VGA Input at Display Device
1.Attach one end of the Endeleo VGA to VGA cable to the VGA connector on the
2.Run the other end to the VGA connector on the display device. Connect firmly.
3.If appropriate connect audio to the audio connectors on the
Note: Ensure Input A is configured as a “VGA Input” and named appropriately within the “Inputs” section of the Hub’s Configuration software. Also ensure the correct Audio Type (Analog L/R or S/PDIF) is selected for the relevant input.