- •Set Up the Machine
- •Unpacking the Machine
- •Before Setting Up the Machine
- •Do You Have Everything?
- •Manuals for the Machine
- •Install Toner Cartridge
- •Set Up the Paper Cassette and Load Paper
- •Connect the Power Cord and Turn On the Machine
- •Connect Telephone Cables
- •Set the Date and Time
- •Set the Telephone Line Type
- •Set the Machine for Sending Faxes
- •Guidelines for Entering Information
- •Register Sender Information
- •Set the Machine for Receiving Faxes
- •Select the Receive Mode that Suits Your Needs
- •Set the Receive Mode
- •Set the Machine for Network Usage
- •Connect the Machine to a Network
- •Specify the IP Address Settings
- •Installing/Uninstalling Software
- •Installation Procedure
- •Confirming the installation
- •Uninstallation Procedure
- •Bundled on the User Software CD
- •Using Help
- •Online Help
- •Contacting Service Center
- •A Tip for Saving Paper
- •Copying regularly
- •Copying with features combined
Please read this guide before operating this product.
After you finish reading this guide, store it in a safe place for future reference.
Set Up the Machine
Unpacking the Machine
● Remove all shipping tape and packing material from the machine.
Before Setting Up the Machine
●When moving the machine, grip the handles on both left and right sides of the machine and lift it carefully, as shown in the illustration right.
●The shapes of your machine and supplies may differ slightly from those illustrations listed in this manual.
Do You Have Everything?
●Document Feeder Tray
●Starter Guide (This Document) ●Basic Operation Guide
●User Software CD
●Reference Guide (located on User
●Toner Cartridge ●Scanner Driver Guide (located on User Software CD)
●Limited Warranty Notice ●Registration Card
Manuals for the Machine
●Starter Guide (This Document): Machine
●Basic Operation Guide: Basic features, maintenance, machine settings, and specifications
●Reference Guide (located on the User Software CD): Advanced features, system monitor, and reports and lists
●Scanner Driver Guide (located on the User Software CD): Scanner settings from a computer
Install Toner Cartridge
Remove the toner cartridge from the bag. Keep the bag for future use.
Do not open the drum protective shutter (A).
Gently rock the toner cartridge several times to distribute toner inside.
Pull the seal completely out.
Do not pull the seal out at an angle.
Lift the scanning platform (A) until it is locked. (You will hear an audible “click.”)
Open the toner cover (B), using the tab (A) which
Hold the toner cartridge by its handle (A).
Insert the cartridge so that the protrusion on the
covers over on dent.
right side of the toner cartridge (A) fits into the
guide (B) located on the right side of the machine
and slide it down parallel to the guide.
– Be careful not to get your fingers caught.
– If you cannot close the toner cover, do not force it to close. Open the cover and make sure the toner cartridge is properly set in the machine.
Push the toner cartridge to make sure it is properly set in the machine.
Close the toner cover using the tab.
Close the scanning platform.
Set Up the Paper Cassette and Load Paper
Align the guides (B) on the both edges of the paper cassette to the protrusions (A) inside the machine.
Install the paper cassette with the front end tilted upwards.
Push the paper cassette down until the hooks (A) on both sides of the paper cassette engage the protrusions (B) inside the machine.
Open the front panel of the paper cassette.
Slide the paper guide rail (A), and then pinch and
slide the side paper guides (B) to match the size of
Fan the paper stack and even the edges.
Load the paper into the paper cassette with the print side up. Make sure the paper stack sits below the small fin (A) on the side paper guide.
Adjust the paper guide rail to match the size of paper.
Close the front panel of the paper cassette.
Connect the edge of dust cover (A) and the edge of paper cassette (B).
Slide the output tray extension on the front of the machine, and lift the paper stopper.
Attach the document feeder tray on the document feeder.
–The default paper size/type setting is <LTR> and <PLAIN PAPER>. When you load other size and/or type of paper, change the paper size/type setting. For details, see Chapter 2, “Document and Paper,” in the Basic Operation Guide.
–For loading paper in the