Audiovox 50-0311x-015 Series User Manual
OVERHEAD CONSOLE for use with FLIPDOWN VIDEO SYSTEM
These instructions are intended for use only by experienced professionals in the automotive customizing business. Special tools and equipment, as well as specialized handling and care
of product during installation, may be required. Before beginning this installation, carefully read through the following instructions. Use extreme care when cutting headliner material.
Check for wiring or other componentry above headliner material. Cut only where indicated.
Materials/ Tools required for this installation:
#2 Phillips screwdriver
Powered screwdriver or drill with adapter
Awl or similar tool
Razor knife or similar
18 GA wire 4' - 6'
6. Test light
7. Audiovox Series 640/650 Video Module
NOT FOR VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH SUN ROOF.
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTION #
Nov. 8, 1999
Printed in the U.S.A
MATERIALS PROVIDED FOR INSTALLATION:
SCREW, # 8 X 9/16" PWH
WASHER, 3.5 mm
SCREW, # 8 X 1 1/2" PWH
SCREW, # 6 X 1/2" PFH
COVER PLATE DECAL
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTION #
Nov. 8, 1999
Printed in the U.S.A.
I. PREPARATION OF VEHICLE INTERIOR
1.Remove and retain (3) three screws which secure dome light in place. See Figure 1.
2.Disconnect wiring and lay light in a safe place.
3.Using O.E. console as a reference, carefully measure and trim headliner as shown. Caution:
Before cutting headliner material, check for wiring or other componentry above headliner. Cut only where indicated. DO NOT OVERCUT
HEADLINER. Make sure that the
7 1/2" cut is
centered left to right in vehicle.
See Figure 2.
4.If speaker upgrade kit was purchased, trim these (*) locations. See Figure 2.
5. Construct a jumper harness that will connect the vehicle’s dome light wires to the lights in video system. Connect the white wire from video system to the O.E. pink/blue wire. Connect the black wire from video system to the chassis ground.
See Figure 3.
6. Using a test light, check function of lights.
7. Install O.E. dome light in original manner.
8.Install and route all video and audio cables, and any other added component requirements to their respective places in the vehicle. Refer to component installation instructions for wiring diagrams. The suggested routing of the video system cable is as follows: Above the headliner from video system rearward to the
9. Install console mounting bracket (item 6 pg 2) over O.E. bracket on roof brace. Align bend in bracket with edge of O.E. brace. Secure bracket using (4) four # 8 x 9/16" screws (item 1 pg 2). See Figure 5.
II. INSTALLATION OF CONSOLE
IF SPEAKER UPGRADE KIT WAS PURCHASED, INSTALL PER INSTRUCTIONS PROVIDED.
10.Raise console (item 7 pg 2) into approximate position against headliner. Loosely install using (2) two
11.Using a scribe or similar tool, align hole in rear of console with slot in mounting bracket. Loosely secure rear of console using (1) # 8 X 1 1/2" screw (item 4 pg 2). Make sure console is straight then tighten (2) two
12. Release video screen from locked position. Lower video screen to viewing position for access to mounting locations in top of video system housing.
13. Raise video system into approximate position and connect all wiring to components. Connect wiring and cabling to video system per instructions included with video system.
14. Check function of all components and lights. See operating instructions for video system operations check. For further assistance, refer to the video system manual for the technical support phone number listed for your area.
15.Insert video system into opening in console. Note: Make sure wires do not get pinched between video system and console.Align holes in housing with clips in mounting bracket. Secure using (4) four
Caution: Do not overtighten screws.
16.Tighten screw previously installed to secure rear of console to headliner. Caution: Do not overtighten screws or damage to vehicle roof may occur.
17.Raise video screen into locked position.
18.Install speaker grille (item 8 pg 2). Align clips in grille with holes in console and press firmly.
See Figure 8.
19.If speaker upgrade kit was not installed, install cover plate (item 9 pg 2) at front of console and secure using (2) two # 6 X 1/2" screws (item 5 pg 2 ).
20.Install cover plate decal (item 10 pg ).