Audiovox 50-0286x-019 Series User Manual
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR
CHEVROLET VENTURE VCP HOUSING
These instructions are intended for use only by experienced professionals in the automotive customizing business. Special tools and equipment, as well as specialized handling and care
of product during installation, may be required. Before beginning this installation, carefully read through the following instructions. Use extreme care when cutting headliner material.
Check for wiring or other componentry above headliner material. Cut only where indicated.
Materials/ Tools required for this installation:
#2 Phillips screwdriver
Powered screwdriver or drill with adapter
3/16" hex socket
7mm hex socket
Awl or similar tool
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTION #
Printed in the U.S.A
MATERIALS PROVIDED FOR INSTALLATION:
SCREW, # 8 X 1 1/2" PWH
SCREW, # 8 X 3/4" PWH
SCREW, # 8 X 9/16" PWH
VCP MOUNTING BRACKET
DRIVER SIDE PANEL
PASSENGER SIDE PANEL
I. PREPARATION OF VEHICLE INTERIOR
Mar. 11, 1999
Printed in the U.S.A.
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTION #
1. Open door on O.E. center console. Using a 7mm socket, remove and discard (2) two screws which secure lower O.E. console. See Figure 1.
2.Slide console outward from original position and disconnect wiring from CD player. See Figure 2.
3.Remove and retain (2) two heater vents. See Fig. 2.
4. Remove and retain CD player bezel. Remove by prying outward to release clips. See Figure 3.
NOTE: If vehicle is equipped with storage pocket instead of CD player, remove and retain storage pocket.
II. PREPARATION OF COMPONENTS FOR INSTALLATION
5. Depress tabs which secure CD player in console. Slide outward to remove CD player from console. See Figure 4.
6. Remove the (2) screws which secure bracket to the CD player. See Figure 5.
7. Tilt bracket downward and outward to remove bracket from CD player.
8.Remove and retain plastic parts from mounting bracket (item 4 pg.2 ) lay them in a safe place. Install CD player onto mounting bracket. See Figure 6.
NOTE: Make sure that tabs are inserted into bottom of CD player.
NOTE: If vehicle is not equipped with CD player fold tabs downward.
III. INSTALLATION OF CONSOLE
9. Route video and audio cables from overhead console location to passenger’s side B pillar. Down B pillar and underneath scuff panel.
Up passenger’s side kick panel and across the bottom side of dash panel. See Figure 7.
10. Align holes in rear of CD player with holes in mounting bracket.
11. Secure CD player to mounting bracket using the (2) two original screws. See Figure 8.
12. Place mounting bracket in vehicle in approximate position where original console was located.
13. Connect CD wiring and insert video cables and wiring through opening in rear of mounting bracket.
14. Position mounting bracket against plastic panels that original console secured to.
NOTE: Tabs on lower bracket aligns with slots on bracket on floor of vehicle.
15. Using an awl or similar tool align holes in bracket with holes in plastic panel and threaded clips behind panel. See Figure 9.
16. Secure mounting bracket using (2) two #8 X 1 1/2" screws (item 1 pg. 2). See Figure 9.
17.Remove and discard the front (2) two screws of the VCP cabinet. See Figure 10.
18.Insert VCP into mounting bracket and make all necessary wiring connections. Check function of
VCP. See operating instructions included with components. For further assistance, refer to the video system manual for the technical support phone number listed for your area.
19.Slide VCP inward until rear of VCP contacts tab in rear of mounting bracket. See Figure 11.
20.Secure VCP with (2) two #8 X 3/4" screws (item 2 pg.2 ) in original holes where screws were previously removed. See Figure 11.
21.Install the (2)two heater vents in original manner.
22.Install the O.E. CD player bezel (previously removed) in original manner. See Figure 12.
NOTE: If vehicle is not equipped with a CD player, install O.E. storage pocket in original manner.
23.Install the side panels (items 6 & 7 pg.2) and secure using (2) two #8 X 9/16” screws (item 3 pg.2) on each side. Use an awl or similar tool to align holes in side panel with holes in bracket.
NOTE: Make sure that the heater vents engage the original side panel. See Figure 12.
24.Install bezel (item 5 pg. 2.) and secure using (4) four #8 X 9/16" screws (item 3 pg. 2). See Figure 12.