Audiovox 50-0246x-015 Series User Manual
1999 DODGE DURANGO *
OVERHEAD CONSOLE for use with FLIPDOWN VIDEO SYSTEM
These instructions are intended for use only by experienced professionals in the automotive customizing business. Special tools and equipment, as well as specialized handling and care
of product during installation, may be required. Before beginning this installation, carefully read through the following instructions. Use extreme care when cutting headliner material.
Check for wiring or other componentry above headliner material. Cut only where indicated.
Materials/ Tools required for this installation:
#2 Phillips screwdriver
2. Powered screwdriver or drill with adapter
Razor knife or similar
1/4" hex socket bit
Awl or similar tool
5/16" hex socket bit
7.Audiovox Series 640/650 Video Module
*FOR USE IN VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH FACTORY INSTALLED
REAR AIR CONDITIONING and WITH FACTORY OVERHEAD CONSOLE ONLY.
May 19, 1999
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTION #
Printed in the U.S.A
MATERIALS PROVIDED FOR INSTALLATION:
SCREW, # 8 X 3/4 HWH
SCREW, # 8 X 11/4 PPH
SCREW, #10 X 3/4 HWH
WASHER, 3.5 mm
I. PREPARATION OF VEHICLE INTERIOR
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTION #
May 19, 1999
Printed in the U.S.A.
1. Remove and discard front mounting screw from overhead console and pull downward to release clips at rear of console. See Figure 1.
2.Disconnect wiring harness from console. See Fig. 2. Lay console in a safe place. Remove and retain (2) two O.E.M. screws from plastic bracket. Transfer Velcro tape from console to identical location on new console (item 4 pg 2).
3. Carefully trim headliner and return air grille as shown. Make sure that the 7” cut is centered left to right in vehicle. See Figure 3. Caution:
Before cutting headliner material, check for wiring or other componentry above headliner. Cut only where indicated.
4.Install mounting bracket (item 6 pg 2) and secure using
(2)two # 10 x 3/4" screws (item 1 pg 2) in bottom flange that aligns with dimples in roof brace. Secure top flanges using (2) two # 8 x 3/4" screws (item 3 pg 2). See Figure 4.
III. INSTALLATION OF CONSOLE
NOTE: Additional assistance in mounting the overhead console in vehicle is advised to prevent damage to console or components.
5. Install and route all accessory wiring, video and audio cables, and any other added component requirements to their respective places in the vehicle. Refer to component installation instructions for wiring diagrams. The suggested routing of the video system cable is as follows: Above the headliner from video system to
6.Using the diagram in Figure 6, construct a jumper harness that will connect the vehicle’s dome light wire harness to the new dome lights in video system. Make sure that lights in video system operate from the door jamb switch.
7. Carefully position console against headliner. Make sure O.E.M. wire harness routes through opening in console. Loosely install using (2)
Caution: Do not overtighten screws. Use extra support for the console until secured to the vehicle. Failure to do so may cause damage to console or installed components.
8.Release video screen from locked position. Lower video screen to viewing position for access to mounting locations in top of video system housing.
9.Raise video system into approximate position and
connect all wiring to components. Route video cable through notch in mounting bracket. Connect
wiring and cabling to video system per instructions included with video system.
10.Check function of all components and lights. See operating instructions for video system operations check. For further assistance, refer to the video system manual for the technical support phone number listed for your area.
11.Insert video system into opening in console.
Note: Make sure that wires do not get pinched between bosses on video system and console.
Align holes in housing with clips in mounting bracket. See Figure 8.
Secure using (4) four
four 3.5 mm washers (item 5 pg 2). Caution: Do not overtighten screws.FIGURE 8
12.Raise video screen into locked position.
13.Carefully remove (2) two spring clips from rear of O.E.M. console and insert in slots in bracket on console previously installed. See Figure 9.
14. Connect wire harness to O.E.M. console and install in original position. Secure front of console using
(1) one # 8 x 1 1/4" screw (item 2 pg 2). Caution: Do not overtighten screws. Make sure clips at rear of console are snapped firmly into tabs on O.E.M. console. See Figure 10.